Monday 29 March 2010

Week 12 thing 23

What I liked most about the programme was being able to do the 23 things when and where it suited me. As a part-time worker it was the first course I have been able to do within my normal working hours. It also allowed me to join up with an online network of colleagues. I enjoyed their cheerfulness and humour as they faced the same challenges.

I particularly enjoyed using Blogger (the appearance, and autosave draft function) and Google Reader which is a real time saver on a slow connection.

What I liked least about social networking was not being able to decide on my online identity. One prosaic way round this problem could be the time-tested pseudonym eg @enquiries @librarian. Content was not a problem as we could talk about using the tools but I shyed away from the permanence that a written record gives to a passing moment. I was also ambivalent about giving personal informtion on free software sites.

On balence this reservation was a small price for the discovery of so many wonderful tools. Thank you to the organisers for discovering this course and leading us through it.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing, glad you've enjoyed it! Just one thing - can you add the labels gadget to your blog so it'll be easier for whoever gets yours to check to make sure you've done them all? You can do it in the same way you added your Flickr stream - just choose the 'labels' gadget from the list.

    ReplyDelete